Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's is some people's problem with Nicky's

While scouring the Stabroek News website, I came across another letter complaining about the noise that comes from Nicky's Fish Shop in Campbellville and I had to ask myself, What the Fuck is some people's problem? Do they have an issue with people trying to make a living?

Several Friday or Saturday nights myself along with I. Gots. Class, Vice or Virtues and a few other friends can be found at the fish shop and I have to say, apart from the fish and service being quite good, the place is a fabulous place to hang out.

Since its inception, this business has faced complaints and criticisms from those in the area and regardless of the amount of changes and progress that they make, it would appear as though some people just want them to pack up and leave. There is growing resentment towards the elderly woman who owns the property (not the business) from her 'neighbors'.

Initially I would concede that Nicky's played a lot of loud music on a lot of nights but after issues were made of it, steps were taken. Karaoke night (my personal favorite) was toned down a lot, the renting of a stereo system every weekend was discontinued and the music itself was played at a lower decibel, yet those wretches were complaining. The question must then be asked, is there a vandetta against Nicky's? Even the gas retailer immediately next to this entity refuses to sell the people gas (well apparently that ass for a softball cricketer has a problem with black people).

I am not saying that Nicky's is free to do as they want, but come on people be realistic. It is a business and for that type of business, music is important. It is not as if they are playing it loudly every night. In fact, loud music there wasn't present for a while but it was just recently that there was a Guiness promotion that is now drawing all these complaints.

Some people should just shut the hell up, drink a Advil PM and go sleep, and if they don't want to take the pill I'll tell them this, If they really wanted to sleep, they would find their asses in bed and sleep! I have a damn neighbor that plays music late at night, but I don't let that bastard bother me, when is time to sleep...I sleep. You people should try that sometime...it actually works!

No comments: