Monday, March 2, 2009

Come on Digicel, rid us of those internet charges

No people, I'm not picking on Digicel, it's just that when you use their service you are entitled to ask, even demand certain things from them, so I'm just doing that. I'm fulfilling my role as a customer.

So here I go again. Like many persons (myself included) when Digicel entered the Guyana market we rushed to switched to them because they were fresh and new, with such great promise, but more importantly we had gotten tired of lame ass, exploiting Cellink. But in the time that Digicel has been here, Cellink has made some great improvements to their networks and I must say that they have done a good job. They're giving the red company a good fight for their money and in the end that is just great for the customers. Competition is great. Unlike some people, I do not want GTT to just fold over and let Digicel have the entire mobile market because then we're right back where we were before...so now for customers it just comes down to preference while some people don't make that choice and eventually carry around two phones (myself included).

I have a tendency to ramble on when I get started but here is the gist of this entry, I would like to know if Digicel ever does intend to stop charging us to use the internet on our phone? It's about damn freaking time don't you think? The other network has free internet browsing so why is Digicel charging their customers to use this service? And I must add, it's not a very small charge either. With that in mind, can they really and honestly call themselves "THE BIGGER BETTER NETWORK" I severely doubt that. I have to wonder if they haven't realized that one of the reasons that a lot of Cellink subscribers have retained their numbers is simply because they would like to browse the net and not have to pay for it? Come on Digi, if I wanted to use the net and pay for it, I would find myself at an internet cafe where it costs much less to browse. You guys should really eradicate this particular charge and please don't even get me started on the fact that I have NEVER EVER won anything on a Digicel promotion. That's for another day though...

No comments: