Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Digicel's at it again

I must say, Digicel must really be bustin' their brains to come up with a good campaign to counter GTT's $1 a minute promo. Unfortunately to me, their latest gimmick of having music as the ring indicator when calling someone is a failed attempt at matching GTT's current promo. Even the TV commericial currently airing on the stations proves this point. It's just not impressive to call someone and have to hear music at the ring indicator. It just might confuse the caller that they've reached voicemail and thus prompting them to hang up ... c'mon, how often do you leave a voicemail for someone?
I for one am not paying money for such a stupid service. If I wanted to hear music, I'd turn on the radio or just download the blasted thing.
C'mon Digicel, stop being so petty and do something good. You're really letting us down.

(Cultured note)
Class, I am going to disagree with you on this one. I really think that Digicel's Free Night Talk has done exceptionally well against dollar talk. This latest promotion I don't believe is aimed at Cellink's dollar talk, but rather it is just a fun service from Digicel.
I will agree with you those is that this new service makes no sense to pay for the damn tune. If I wanted to hear the song, I'd just blue tooth the entire thing. Rest assured, it will be gone shortly.

No comments: