Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Letter to Kaieteur News about Digicel

Ok, so I was reading some letters sent to Kaieteur News and this particular one drew my attention. The caption reads -- 'This round goes to Digicel'. The letter then goes on to talk about physically challenged people competing against able-bodied people. How the fuck does that in anyway relate to Digicel?

Now, that got me a bit on the edge, but the last few lines got me really riled up.
Digicel, I have to give this round to you with your advertisement featuring Henry Rodney and Sherry Ann Dyal. It was an ideal and wise decision to use this particular pair. I enjoy every second of the ad.
Henry Rodney was a wise decision? Really? Why would Sherry Ann dream of talking to him?

Then came this line -

Another impressive drama character who would create an impact is Sonia Yarde. If she is available, maybe you should seriously consider her for your next promo ad.
Sonia may have done well in the Singer TV commercials, but would Digicel really want the former fraud-committing, jail-time-spending woman-in-law in their ads? I THINK NOT.

No comments: