Saturday, February 7, 2009

Speculation is over. Ramson it is...WTF?

You cannot begin to imagine how disappointed I was when I heard the announcement that Mr. Charles Ramson has been appointed the new Ag.
Personally I think it's a sad day for those folks over at the AG chambers...good luck from now on, God knows you all are going to need it.

I would seriously like to know the rationale for this decision, the real rationale and not that diplomatic, iditoic crap about years of service and experience. I want to know why the fuck was he given another chance to fuck up this Ministry again. How the hell could he be a better candidate than Ralph Ramkarran? Only a fool would think that people would prefer working with Ramson than Ramkarran and only a bigger fool would think that Ramson is better suited for this position.

Hey, but what the ass do I know? What I do know is this though, with this appointment, the PPP has again missed an opportunity to put the country first. I don't know why I still continue to hope that things with them are going to change. This isn't America and sadly we don't have a Barack Obama that we can say 'yes we can'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It indeed is a sad day for the folks over at the AG's chambers. I remember hearing stories of what the Honourable JA RAMSON (oops my bad..its just that i had gotten accustomed to calling him that!) used to do to his staff during his previous stint as AG and it certainly was not pleasant. I think almost 3 of the Attorneys have left since MR Singh resigned. It is only a matter of time before the others hand in their resignations.
As for the rationale, I just think he was chosen because there is no other candidate who would have accepted it. Nandalall is frankly too young to become an SC and perhaps Mr. Ramkarran has his eyes set on other things such as who could possibly fill his shoes as speaker of the house.
Heck let me not speculate though. The point is that Mr. Ramson could not possibly refuse the position in light of the fact that it pays twice his salary as a Justice of Appeal. I wished he would have stayed on the bench a little longer so that he could have fully developed his equitable interest in land under Roman Dutch law in Guyana concept which is certainly novel to say the least!