Thursday, February 19, 2009

Boring, Boring...Budget Debates are so boring

Earlier I was one for the live broadcasting of sittings of the National Assembly but I've recently been given a harsh reminder why for some, things are good the way they are.

With the budget debates going on, one would expect to have some lively, entertaining, insightful presentations from our MP's but what has been shown leaves much much to be desired. It really does make for depressing viewing. Most of these MP's just stands up and reads a very monotonous speech obviously prepared by someone else, gone are the spontaneity of Parliamentary debates. There are some persons in that honorable house that should be removed in order to spear us their crushing banality.

Apart from these presentations being severely lacking, they are ridiculously long, gosh I wish the speaker of the house would turn down those requests for additional 15 minutes and in effect spear us all from more mediocrity. Anyone who saw Pauline Sukhai's presentation would know just what I'm talking about, she shouldn't feel bad though, a lot of other members of that house have no talent, it's not like they can do any better. Do you hear me Clement Rohee? I hope you do because if I ever wanted to hear from an ass, I'd just fart and get it over with.

Volda Lawrence darling I'm writing this part with you and your other colleagues in mind. The horrible presentations weren't limited to the Government bench alone, the opposition members were just as guilty. If I could have, I'd slap all of them senseless but I really don't have the seven seconds to spare. These people are now like KFC chicken - lacking in the essential spices, come on people, spice it up a little...pretty please...

Anybody remember this though: Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. Personally I think the majority of them are born mediocre, I've seen very little to tell me otherwise.

No comments: