Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Caricom needs to start cutting some of their expenditures...

Recently, Dr. Edwin Carrington, Secretary General of Caricom announced that the Caricom Secretariat is operating under tight financial constraints…well well well, it was bound to happen.

I’m not a well educated individual, I don’t have a degree like many of the Caricom Staff but it would not take a genius to know that Caricom is in the habit of wasting money, and lots of it at that. So forgive me for not feeling sorry for them.

Should I feel sorry for them that they don’t have enough money to pay those super super super huge salaries to their cleaners and receptionists? Sorry I don’t.

Should I feel sorry for them that they have a multimillion dollar rent to pay each month when they probably could have been paying less for a mortgage instead? Sorry I don’t.

Should I feel sorry for them because they won’t be able to put up their guests in expensive hotels for long long periods? Sorry I don’t…I just don’t.

Mr. Secretary General, maybe you start helping Caricom by cutting some of your useless and excessive expenditures.

No comments: