Monday, February 2, 2009

Reyaz is a bumbling, blabbering, arrogant fool

I have very little patience for many morning talk show hosts but Reyaz on 69 in the morning has to be the most annoying, angering of them all.
Has this man ever heard of the word 'tact'? how about 'tolerance'? I seriously doubt it, but ya know what, Reyaz teaches English so I suppose he does know those words, maybe he's just incapable of using them effectively.

This morning, whilst viewing his program (the debate with Mr. President at Davos got me hooked to the channel), a woman called to inform him of the situation at a post office a few days ago where some pensioners were quarreling for their monies. In a rather unsurprising, brusque tone Mr. Reyaz ordered the woman to stop bothering with matters that does not concern her. I know he and the President are good friends and I just couldn't help thinking that with that statement, he could very well fit in as Priya Manickchands' understudy, they do share the same ideologies. Someone should tell that arrogant jackasss that our problems concerns ALL of us. In the meantime, if nothing else, the words below illustrate the point.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent; I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent; I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent; I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

No comments: